VeChain is ethereum smart contract based, novel supply and logistics solution which uses their own software to connect with EVM (Ethereum virtual machine) while VEN is native Vechain token based on ERC20 tokens. Hence, VEN can be stored securely in any ERC20 compatible wallets. In this article we will discuss Vechain Wallet options.
Being the Ehereum based token VEN can easily function within the Ethereum network and can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. There are no official VeChain wallet yet but here is your solution on how to store VEN.
Here is the list of different types of VEN wallets to send and receive VENs & keep pace with VeChain blockchain.
Vechain Online wallets
You can buy VEN token from different exchanges which also offers wallet services such as Binance and EtherDelta.
- The most popular exchange to buy and store VeChain tokens safe and sound.
- Largest outlet for VEN tokens comes with the VeChain wallet.
- 2 –factor authentication and state of are encryption are the main features of Binance online wallet.
- Easy transfer from Binance to your preferable wallet.
- The second largest outlet of VEN with highly secured web wallet
- All ERC20 based tokens can be stored here including VEN
- HD(hierarchical deterministic) security level
- Private Key location: offline
- Cold storage available
Venchain Web wallets
Web wallets basically run on your web browser and also can be run as an extension in Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. Most web wallets are open source Ethereum wallets and two of them mentioned below.
My Ether Wallet:
- Free, open source wallet to store ETH based tokens
- Available across different platforms such as Windows, Mac, and Chrome
- Seamless integration with My Ether Wallet mobile app
- Top-tier security and Anonymity
- Easy to use UI and intellectual design
- An extension-based Vechain web wallet that allows dApps to run on client-side software.
- Available for Chrome platform
- Multi-currency wallet
- Top tier anonymity, built-in currency exchange, and high-end cryptographical encryption are the key feature of VEN wallet.
- Android and iOS apps are available
Hardware wallets are one of the best ways to store VEN tokens offline to keep your VeChain coins safe from hackers and malware. These Vechain wallets are USB like devices designed specially to store cryptocurrencies.
Two most popular hardware wallets are Ledger Nano S and Trezor.
Ledger Nano S
- Most popular hardware wallet to store any cryptocurrency offline and keep the private keys secure.
- PIN protected private and public keys
- OLED display to execute the transitions
- Mobile private key location
- Chrome extension to sync encrypted private key
- Multiple cryptocurrencies can be stored at the same time
- Ledger Nano S not free. In fact, it is quite an expensive hardware wallet.
- The potential rival of Ledger Nano S that offers offline private key location, unlike Ledger Nano S which offers mobile private key location.
- Micro USB to connect to connect your Android devices and computer
- OLED display and button to execute the transactions
- PIN protected private keys – no security compromised
- Quite a handy Vechain wallet
- The recent update offers 2-factor authentication
Mobile wallets are pretty easy and convenient to store your VEN tokens securely.
- Eidoo is multi-currency mobile wallet support all ERC20 and ERC23 based token including VEN
- Preferable if you are getting started with the VeChain wallet and find the answer to how to store Vechain?
- The mobile application is available for both Android and iOS devices
- Intellectual UI and convenient management